A Little Company History
J. P. Dickerman founded Topsham Telephone in 1899 and established a link between two isolated Vermont farm houses. The company continued to be locally owned by Mr. Dickermans children and grandchildren for many generations. Most recently, Mr. Dickermans great-grandsons wife, Yvette Tomlinson, worked for the company for thirty years until her retirement in 2006.
In 1953 Frank Sahlman, Sr. purchased the company and operated it from his West Topsham home. The property at 113 Fairground Road that currently houses Topsham Telephone was purchased by Mr. Sahlman in 1980 and the buildings were constructed at that time. Upon his death in 1999, Topsham Telephone was sold to Citizens Telephone Company of Hammond, New York. Citizens Telephone and Topsham Telephone are currently owned and operated by Mr. Don Ceresoli, Sr. and the Ceresoli family.
Since 1999 Topsham Telephone has expanded operations to include high speed internet access for all of our customers. We are also in the preliminary stages of a project that would offer Digital Cable Television over the telephone lines to our customers.
Currently Topsham Telephone serves just over 1,600 customers in the towns of: Topsham, West Topsham, Corinth & East Corinth, Vermont. Our service area also includes certain areas of the following towns: Bradford, Newbury, West Fairlee, Vershire, Orange and Washington, Vermont.
Topsham Telephone serves the towns of : Corinth, East Corinth, Topsham and West Topsham Vermont We also serve portions of: Bradford, Newbury, West Fairlee, Vershire, Orange and Washington in the 439 telephone exchange.